“I’m more white than brown, I am kind of ochre, to orange.”
“E-very-ry thing is alright by me girls,” said the black Elvis in a Memphis drawl.
“I’m not into this black bandwagon stuff,” said Stanton as he chewed spearmint gum. Stanton flailed his arms menacingly, another aspect of his trade mark.
“We are all the same in the sight of God.” Leroy had to take tact to convince the group.
“Well we are all committed. It is because we are committed why we should unite. We might as well do something, instead of being victims all our lives. Black people never unite, anything they do they are never united.” He pleaded.
“Why can’t we unite, eh? Is it because we are mad?” Asked Nuclear Nancy.
“Well we are not going anywhere else for the moment, let’s do it guys,” said the black Elvis eyeing-up Limbo Lil.
“That’s the only way to escape racist attacks. We must unite.” Leroy said.
“Isn’t there a law to protect people like us?” Nuclear Nancy asked.
“What you mean?” responded Elvis the barrister.
“You know endangered species ‘homo sapiens’ and all that.” Nuclear Nancy said.
“I have heard of a law they called the Race Relations, something but it is not to protect us it is to protect the sensitive white people from us. It only alienates us in a corner.” Elvis a barrister in his previous existence responded . “Yeah but maybe we can use it to our advantage.”
“Like how?” Leroy asked.
“Well, ask for special things...” said Bob Marley.
“Like what... a drum set?” joked Elvis. They all laughed.
“Anyway it is not just the case of being attacked by racialist white people. It’s more a case of being constantly attacked by yourself, you know, when your head rejects your body and your body rejects your skin. When you laugh when you should be serious and you’re serious when you should be laughing.” Leroy explained.
“E-very-ry thing is alright by me girls,” said the black Elvis in a Memphis drawl.
“I’m not into this black bandwagon stuff,” said Stanton as he chewed spearmint gum. Stanton flailed his arms menacingly, another aspect of his trade mark.
“We are all the same in the sight of God.” Leroy had to take tact to convince the group.
“Well we are all committed. It is because we are committed why we should unite. We might as well do something, instead of being victims all our lives. Black people never unite, anything they do they are never united.” He pleaded.
“Why can’t we unite, eh? Is it because we are mad?” Asked Nuclear Nancy.
“Well we are not going anywhere else for the moment, let’s do it guys,” said the black Elvis eyeing-up Limbo Lil.
“That’s the only way to escape racist attacks. We must unite.” Leroy said.
“Isn’t there a law to protect people like us?” Nuclear Nancy asked.
“What you mean?” responded Elvis the barrister.
“You know endangered species ‘homo sapiens’ and all that.” Nuclear Nancy said.
“I have heard of a law they called the Race Relations, something but it is not to protect us it is to protect the sensitive white people from us. It only alienates us in a corner.” Elvis a barrister in his previous existence responded . “Yeah but maybe we can use it to our advantage.”
“Like how?” Leroy asked.
“Well, ask for special things...” said Bob Marley.
“Like what... a drum set?” joked Elvis. They all laughed.
“Anyway it is not just the case of being attacked by racialist white people. It’s more a case of being constantly attacked by yourself, you know, when your head rejects your body and your body rejects your skin. When you laugh when you should be serious and you’re serious when you should be laughing.” Leroy explained.
“Oh I
know what You are talking about, being a misfit.” Said Nuclear Nancy.
“Yeah, that’s it I’m a misfit in a place that rejects me.” Responded Leroy.
“That makes sense; did you tell the doctor that?” Asked Elvis.
“I don’t really think we are misfits, as you put it. I think white people are
misfits.” Said Bob Marley.
“How do you figure that one?” asked Leroy.
“Yeah, that’s it I’m a misfit in a place that rejects me.” Responded Leroy.
“That makes sense; did you tell the doctor that?” Asked Elvis.
“I don’t really think we are misfits, as you put it. I think white people are
misfits.” Said Bob Marley.
“How do you figure that one?” asked Leroy.

No comments:
Post a Comment