Thursday, November 14, 2013

Jab-U sounded about right (21)


   “I feel empty sir, living in an empty world that has rejected me. Leroy became tearful as he spoke. And my mind is mash up sir, like a ripe mango that  has fallen from a big tree, mash up you know with worms  inside
eating their  way out of  me head. ”
   “Who do you miss the most out of all your family?” Asked Dr. Wells.
   “I miss my twin brother in Africa, and all the family that is in Africa, the tribe of African people that my English family say where I belong and my Mau Mau friends, fighting against propaganda.  They are the people I miss the most.”
   “Have you ever been to Africa?” Doctor Wells asked with a puzzled expression.
   “Yes sah every time I close my eyes and go to sleep me is back home in Africa talking to me twin bradda and all de African people dat love me.”
   “... And pray tell me what part of Africa are they now?” asked Dr Wells the psychiatrist.
   “In the South, Naught and Central Congo, sir.........” explained Leroy uncertain what else to say to accurately pin point his African family location.
   “Mmmm hem,” responded Dr Wells.    He filled his note-pad with copious notes.
   “... And What’s your brother’s name?” continued Dr. Wells with incredulity.
   “Me bradder name is Jabu and me come from a long line of witch doctors sah. Dem seh me going to marry de Priestess from de next village, if me fulfil me birthright as a man, sah.”
   Jabu sounded about right for Leroy; he could vaguely remember a fight somewhere in Jamaica and one man said to the next man.

No comments:

Post a Comment