Monday, November 25, 2013

Leroy Went to a Distant Place(32)



What am I really saying? Oh god please do not upset the great white man, please do not make the great Boss man angry otherwise he will take away what little that he has left me with. My soul.   I will be forgotten from all time without even my name to represent me and detached from you.”
    Leroy pleaded to the close circuit camera above him. Again there was no response. 
Leroy escaped from the grip of the straight jacket with shear ferocity. His arms were out stretched in a posture of  beseech. The guards rushed down to his padded cell, yet again.
   “I have no value. We are children of no value. We are all nothing; we have no part in this reality of life. The fast technological movement of the Northern hemisphere is a blessing from a superior being. So leave me alone,” he pleaded as he threshed his arm and the floppy sleeves of the straight jacket.
    “I am lost in the abyss of self deprivation. I do not want another wimpy, another McDonald's tube food for the modern man. I do not want to be a modern man in a smart suit and a white smile gleaming to impress you with my lies. With the lies of Western genteel curiosity,” said Leroy.
   "Please can you explain yourself, I don't quite follow your meaning?" 
The psychiatrist asked, in his Langian dialectical format. He entered the padded room his voice bounced back to him. Leroy threshed around on the floor, whilst six men in white coats watched.
   “I love the oppressor so dearly he is so bright in his endeavours of survival if only I could learn the tricks, please can you teach me, please teach me. Do not exclude me, I will learn, I will learn.”
   Leroy sobbed as he beseeched the men. "We are the dominant culture you know."
  The psychiatrist whispered as the guards once again restrained Leroy. Dr. Wells stepped back and watched from a safe distance.

   "No! No! No! You are just not objective ............. not quite scientific enough. Where is your validity, Where is your fucking scientific proof.”  Leroy cried noisily to hollow ears.
   “We will see about all this when the parole board meets.” Dr. Wells replied.
    “The Baroness won’t be pleased when your report for parole gets in.” The doctor continued.
   “The shade of my skin colour gives me away. I must be a savage not even a noble savage just an ordinary savage alongside all the other savages of time immemorial. Give her the video, you written the book so show her the fucking film.” Said Leroy as he slipped out of consciousness, back to the open plains where zebras grazed and giraffes chewed with dignity, to a distant place.
    The “funny gang” tried to be natural in the most awkward way possible, as they met and chatted in the recreation room for the criminally insane: “We are all children of African fathers, “Said Leroy. “You might be, but I’m not,” said limbo Lil; she continued ... my father was from Cuba.”
   “And my father is from Jamaica.” Said
   “And my father is in heaven,” stated one of the Messiahs present at that moment in the recreation room.
   “Well all right! All right! “Shouted Leroy in frustration.
   “We are all black people then.”
    “Wait a minute I am not black, I am brown ................ and proud of it,”
said Nuclear Nancy.
   “I am more white, thank you”, said limbo Lil to Nuclear Nancy. She continued:

No comments:

Post a Comment