Every day I
waited and yet it never came. Oh bus stop, bus stop, waits for me.
But all I could
see was trains one two three.
*****
Someone hold me
tight
For the time is
right
Don’t let me
loose
For my boots are
too tight.
Thank
you Nuclear Nancy. Leroy recited his poem:
As an African
I believe in
Africa, I believe in African people
I swear by all
that is sacred to return
to my motherland
To sleep under
the African skies and
To maintain
communion with the ancestral spirits of Africa
and to eat the
fruits of my labour.
No more shall I
be a slave for those of the deep blue,
I will strive
for my tribal rights and my African heritage
I will enjoy my
liberation through industry and the pleasures of my children.
I will fight to
the death against exploitation, Starvation and war until I rebuild
The African
gardens of Peace where all tribes shall be united as one.
I will tell my
story without hindrance or distortion.
“Kids
should be whipped,” said a Messiah.
“Until
they confess the devil in them,”
said the second Messiah
“But
it damages your dignity,” responded
Leroy.
“What dignity,” asked Bunny?
“Yourself and human
dignity,” answered Leroy.
“But these
children these days are too rude and disrespectful, they should be battered
down until they show respect to bigger people.”Suffer little children to come unto me, said the first
messiah.
“You are
suggesting child abuse, then.” Leroy continued.
“Yeah
sure Stanton I understand.” said Leroy.
“Any
way Stanton it’s your turn to read your poem that you have prepared. What’s the
theme .......?”
“It
is about a slave ship”.

No comments:
Post a Comment